Healthy and tasty vegan buddha bowl!
vegan buddha bowl, are:
- Full of nutrients
The idea of a buddha bowl is to fill your bowl with food ingredients that are nice and round on top, like a Buddha’s belly!
Depending on the size of your bowl, maybe you don’t want to pile it that high on top, and you want to have a base, like quinoa or couscous or brown rice, and then you can add a selection of veggies and some salad and a protein source like tofu or chickpeas etc, and of course you need a dressing too.
For this vegan Buddha bowls, I chose quinoa for the base, a delicious stir-fried tofu for the protein, roasted chickpeas, cilantro, pomegranate and sliced avocado topped by a tomato-based sauce.
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 2 cups (480ml) Water
- 1 cup of chickpeas
- 220g Block Extra Firm Tofu
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Onion Flakes
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 2 Tsp Soy Sauce
- 3 Tsp sweet and sour sauce
- 2 sliced avocado
- 1 cup of Tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons of Sriracha sauce
- Freshly chopped cilantro
- In a pan, add some olive oil and roast the tofu and chickpeas when the tofu starts turning yellowish add the seasonings and cilantro.
- Put your quinoa on to cook. Place the quinoa and water into a saucepan and bring to boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and let it simmer for about 15-20 minutes. When cooked, fluff with a fork.
- Assemble your bowl adding the topping you like I chose avocado and some pomegranate.
Until next time, crave the dish…