An easy sushi bowl recipe that will wow your friends or family every time!
Sushi bowls became a thing earlier this year, I guess people crave sushi a lot and want the easy way to make it… they say the easier it is to cook the faster you can eat it. With so many sushi bowls recipes out there I decided to combine my favourites and make a not so traditional sushi bowl.
To start with sushi bowls … What makes sushi bowls? well the sushi rice, some veggies usually avocados and well your choice of fish, seaweed and some sauce for extra flavour. In this recipe, I will change up the usual additions to enhance the flavour, keeping the basics. Being a sushi lover this came in hand when I got the sushi craving halfway through a busy day.
- 1 cup of sushi rice – cooked as instructed on the packaging
- 2 cups of Shredded crab
- 1 pack of smoked salmon – 100g
- 1/2 cup of caviar
- 1 pack of seaweed – 11g
- 2 cups of roughly chopped Rocca
- 4 tablespoons of ricotta cheese
- 4 tablespoon of cream cheese – I used cream cheese infused with prawn flavour
- Sriracha Sauce – Add to your preference
- 1/4 cup of Sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons of soya sauce
- Place the rice in a bowl; add 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1 tablespoon rice vinegar, soya sauce and 1 teaspoon sugar. Then add the Black sesame seeds. Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Add some seaweed on the rice then add the Rocca. Drizzle some balsamic vinegar on the Rocca and a sprinkle of salt.
- Add the smoked salmon, crab the cheese mix (ricotta &cream cheese) then add the sriracha sauce. You may add more seaweed as needed.
Until next time, crave the dish…