An easy one pan recipe that has flavours guaranteed to leave you craving more.
I bought the famous cast iron skillet recently. it is a great investment to make in your kitchen as it reduces the number of pans/ trays you have to use and it distributes heat in a good manner, however, I have to warn you though iron skillets need a lot of maintenance and are very hard to clean. Especially that you will have to dry it in a certain way and season it every time you use it to avoid rusting!
For my first recipe using the Iron skillet, I made spicy salmon & Brussels sprouts
- 4 pieces of salmon
- 1 bag of Brussel sprouts – Chopped
- A handful of chopped parsley
- 3 Garlic cloves – mashed
- 1 lemon – squeezed
- 2 tablespoon of seafood masala spices
- 1 tablespoon of Cayenne pepper
- 1/2 a cup of Cooking cream
- 1/4 a cup of olive oil
- After seasoning the cast iron add some olive oil to the skillet, then heat it for 3-5 min on high heat.
- In a bowl add the mashed garlic, lemon, olive oil, and spices and leave to marinate together for 5-10 min.
- Once the skillet is hot add the salmon and Brussel sprouts then drizzle your marinated seasoning on top.
- Bake the salmon for 20 min in a preheated oven @ 260*C then take out of the oven and add the cream.
- Return the skillet to the oven for another 15 min. Serve hot!
Until Next Time, Crave The Dish…