A delicious healthy recipe as a substitute to regular pancakes
Recently, I have started slowly reducing my added sugar intake because I felt that I was getting tired too quickly and slowly drifting away from being fit. The journey so far ( by the way it has been a week) has been exhausting especially the first few days. While I’m not eliminating my sugar intake. I still have some here and there, I’m trying my best to cut down sugars to the best of my abilities.
Here is a little recipe that I used to make pancakes as oppose to the regular way of making pancakes.
- 2 riped Bananas – mashed
- 3 tablespoons of flour
- 1 tablespoon of peanutbutter – note some peanutbutter has added sugar I used one without
- 1 Tablespoon of cinammon
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 4 mashed dates – I reccomend using a foodprocessor, simply add water and blend for 2-3min
- Combine the Bananas with the flour, peanutbutter and cinammon. Mix well
- In a preheated pan, add a tablespoon of butter and add the mix. About two serving spoon of each.
- Add the dates on either side and flip the pancake ones.
- Feel free to add berries of your choice and sprinkle some walnuts on top.
Bonus: Energy Balls
i.e. The perfect snack.
* 1 cup of dates.
* 1/2 cup of walnuts
* 1/2 cup of shredded coconut
* 4 tablespoons of Peanutbutter (optional I love peanutbutter in everything).
* 2 tablespoons of cinnamon
* A tad bit of milk
In a food processor, blend them together until you get a doughy consistency and shape into balls.
Note: A little advice is to use date pastry instead of actual dates the consistency is ready to be made into energy balls unlike the actual dates.
Until Next Time, Crave The Dish…