A super simple pasta that is rich and flavoured with smoked salmon and capers.
Warning – this dish will leave you in a heavenly food coma. Perfect for days where you need comfort food that is homecooked but is fitting instead of fast food.
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic – smashed
- 1 squeezed lemon
- 1 cup of chopped mushrooms – optional
- A pack of smoked salmon, chopped- about 100g
- 1 cup heavy cream (a.k.a. whipping cream)
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 500g of pasta, cooked and drained.
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Simply in a cooking pot or pan, add the olive oil and fry the onions and garlic. Don’t overcook the onions, once they carmelize you can add the cream. I like my pasta extra creamy so I added 1/2 a cup of milk and 2 tablespoons of butter, this is optional depending on your preference. Once you add the cream add the mushrooms and leave them to simmer on low heat. Add your cooked pasta and mix well, note if you feel like you need more cream on your pasta you can add. Add the squeezed lemon, salt& pepper to taste.
I choose to add my smoked salmon at the end as I like them to maintain their uncooked taste. Once you add your smoked salmon and capers mix well and add your grated parmesan and your good to go!
Until next time, crave the dish…