If you are not vegan these three dishes will make you want to be vegan, even if it was just for a day!
I’m not vegan but there are days where I prefer to cut down all dairy products and poultry. Today was one of these days!
It is very common for people to think that being vegan is limiting but it is the complete opposite being vegans makes you learn more about certain foods that you don’t usually have and funny enough everything that non-vegans eat has a substitute of similar effects in the vegan world.
For example, Cheese – substitute is nutritional yeast, tastes and looks exactly like cheese.
So if you are planning on going vegan and what is stopping you is your fear of finding food substitutes, trust me you won’t be hungry
In this blog, I will be sharing three dishes are tasty and easy to make (need less than 30 minutes to make) plus a bonus recipe of a dipping sauce/ dressing that I love!
#1 – Cauliflower rice, eggplant and quinoa in tahini dressing
- 1 large cauliflower
- 1 eggplant – medium sized – peeled and chopped into tiny cubes
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 1 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons of tahini
- 1 tsp of cumin
- 1 squeezed Lemon
- 3 tsp of kosher salt
- After chopping your cauliflower into big chunks, put them in a food processor and pulse until broken down into rice-sized pieces.
- In a skillet heat olive oil and cook the eggplant until golden/brown then add the cauliflower pieces and cook for 5 minutes with the eggplant.
- In a pot cook the quinoa by simply adding the cup of quinoa, water and salt. Bring it to a boil and then lower the heat. Once the quinoa is cooked (it will start peeling slightly) remove on the side.
- Add the cooked quinoa to the cauliflower and eggplants. Add the tahini squeezed lemon and salt and cook together for 2 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold!
#2 – Stir-fried rice noodles
Rice noodles don’t contain any egg, therefore, are suitable for vegans.
- 1 pack of rice noodles
- 1 clove of garlic – crushed
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 onion
- 1 pack of mushrooms
- 1 carrot
- 1 zucchini
- 1 tablespoon of soya sauce
- 1 tablespoon of Sriracha sauce
Note: You can choose veggies of your choice, you don’t need to stick to the list above.
- `In a skillet, add some olive oil, garlic and chopped onions. Stir till the onions are caramelized then add the rest of your veggies and cook them on high heat.
- In a pot, boil the rice noodles as per the package instructions.
- Add the cooked rice noodles on the veggies and add the soya sauce, sriracha sauce and salt to preference.
- Serve hot.
#3 Butternut squash quinoa
- 1 butternut squash – cut in half and seeds removed
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 1 cup of water
- One squeezed lemon
- 2 tsp of Dry Basil
- 2 tsp of rosemary
- 2tsp of kosher salt
- 1 celery stick – chopped
- In a baking tray, add the butternut squash and glaze them with some olive oil and a sprinkle of salt. Bake for 30 minutes at 250*F
- Cook quinoa – Boil it with 1 cup of water.
- In a food processor, add the baked butternut squash (peeled), celery, dry basil, rosemary and salt. Blend until the consistency is smooth.
- Mix the quinoa with the blended ingredients and serve!
Bonus – Avocado Hummus
- 1 ripped avocado
- 1 cup of chick peas
- 2 Tablespoons of Tahini
- 1 squeezed lemon
- 1 tsp of Kosher salt
Add all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth .
Until Next time, crave the dish…