Ever wondered what to do with leftover pizza, well obviously other than eating it because let us be honest cold pizza tastes extravagant, in this blog I will be sharing a weird innovation that will change your definition of pizza and lasagne forever!
After a friends night in I was left with a big quantity of pizza some of which I shamelessly had for breakfast and some that I used to make a lasagne for lunch. Yup you heard that right a pizza lasagne.
For this recipe you will need:
- 4 cups of Cheese – preferably a mix of your favourite shredded cheese as oppose to one
- Leftover pizza – about 6 – 10 slices
- Homemade bechamel sauce – flour, butter, nutmeg, salt&pepper and milk – recipe
- 4 tablespoons of Chili flakes
- 1 cup tomato pasta or pizza sauce
- Extra Pepperoni & veggies to your preference
- 1 cup of chopped Parsley
- 1 cup of Parmesan
After preparing your bechamel sauce all you have to do is butter a baking tray. Add the bechamel (not all of it) then add slices of pizza, you may want to add any extra veggies or pepperoni on this layer then add a layer of tomato sauce. Add chilli flakes and cheese then more pizza and finally cover with bechamel, parsley and parmesan cheese.
Until next time, crave the dish…