A peanut butter and jelly filled cinnamon pancakes that have bananas in them, I questioned this when I wrote it!
This may sound like an odd mixture of ingredients but trust me those pancakes are mouthwatering and vegan-friendly.
- 1 1/4 cups flour (you can use whole wheat flour)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoon of cinnamon – you can add more or less depending on your preference
- 2 cups of soy milk or almond milk – note: almond milk leaves a hint of almonds taste, in your pancakes.
- 2 bananas – mashed – I use this as a substitute for eggs however if you don’t like the taste you can add 2 tablespoons of powder flax seeds.
- 1/4 cup of jam – I used figs jam
- 1/4 cup of crunchy peanut butter
- Fresh fruit for serving (optional)
Note: If you aren’t going for any jam you can add a tablespoon of maple syrup to your pancakes mixture, this gives it a hint of sweetness.
- Place the flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl, and mix well.
- Pour in the soy milk, cinnamon, and mashed bananas, and mix until smooth.
- Heat a pan over medium heat.
- Spray the pan lightly with cooking spray. Pour a spoonful of pancake batter, onto the hot pan, and cook until bubbles form. Then flip, and cook the other side.
- After each pancake is done spread either jam or peanut butter and pile up the pancake alternating each time with your spread.
- Add some fruits, on top and enjoy!
Just before you leave, I was nominated for the Liebster award by moments with Cynthia head on over to her blog to read all about it and make sure to read my comment on what inspired my blog and what I aim to achieve out of it…
Thank you for the nomination!
Until next time, crave the dish…