A Lebanese restaurant designed to bring you back to the streets of Lebanon. Abajour is very well designed the interior is pleasantly comfortable and unique the place almost has an artistically vintage feel to it which I loved!
Located in Westbay, this restaurant seems to be an attraction not only to people who want to have Lebanese street food but also to businessmen and businesswomen who want a quick bite in their office break.
Overall, my experience there was good, the food options were common Lebanese dishes served in other Arabic restaurants around Doha. Nonetheless, they did have a unique taste.
We went there at 11:30 which wasn’t breakfast or lunchtime hence, we order dishes from both sections.
- Hommus maghdous – A hommus dish with pickled eggplants.
- Watermelon and cheese – I was a bit reluctant about having this dish because watermelons are out of season, however, was surprised that the watermelon tasted perfect!
- Spicey potato – super crispy and tasty
- Lubya bel zait – Green beans cooked in olive oil and tomato juice, quite interesting.
- Zaatar Saj and Cheese and sausage saj – I wasn’t a fan of them as they tasted a bit bland.
- A must order this avocado juice was exceptionally good
To conclude, this place is vegan/ vegetarian-friendly with a variety of vegan options to choose from, I don’t recommend the saj though! Another downside to this place is how long it took to get the bill which is surprising as most restaurants take time to prepare your food and bring your bill in nanoseconds but this place took ages. Nevertheless, the prices are really good for the meals you are getting.
I rate this place a 4/5 as the interior is good, the food is excellent for the most part and the service is average.
Until next time, crave the dish…