While Singapore is known to be the heart of Asia in terms of global commerce, finance, and transport hub it is a very beautiful city to visit with a lot of things to see and try.
For me, Singapore is a city that brought different elements of Asia into one place. a very modern city with plenty to drool about, here are 6 reasons why you should visit Singapore.
# 1 The Thrills
If you are an adrenaline lover that wants to jump off of mountains and mega zip then the mega-adventure park is the place to visit with different activities to do that will surely leave you wanting more. I enjoyed every part of this adventurous park especially the mega zipping part. At first, I wasn’t keen on the idea of dropping a good 450 m down with only a wire holding me in place but nevertheless, I did it and I don’t regret one bit of it.
We all know I got to the top!
# 2 The family-friendly attractions
Sentosa Island in Singapore is the home to the Universal Studios which as you may know is one of the well-known world-class theme parks with a selection of attractions and rides that are sure to keep everyone entertained. My advice here is to go for the express ticket because there is a lot of rides to try and shows to watch. You don’t want to miss out on these rides/ shows because of the time wasted waiting!
- Tip: Don’t take videos or photos, on your stories on IG or snapchat directly, use your phone normal camera or any camera! I basically had a mental breakdown in that place because I decided to not take photos using my camera I just took photos on my stories on snapchat because when you are having a great time you don’t want to have to deal with different devices for photos and all. Anyways once we finished from universal and we left I opened my phone to save the story that I had put on because I forgot to save it at the same time of taking it to realize my story with the photos got deleted and these videos pretty much summarise my 45 minutes breakdown! According to my friends, that was not normal but in my defense memories of the shows I watched and rides I went on got deleted, I know they are in my head but sometimes you want to have it in front to you to remember it. Oh well at least I will remember my little funny breakdown, that got everyone around us to question us.
I hope you enjoyed that, I frankly cringe every time I watch this I mean look at my hair and that squeaky voice, Hahaha this is definitely a priceless memory!
# 3 The artistic entertainment
There are plenty of museums and galleries to visit including Madame Tussauds. We visited Madame Tussauds wax museum where we got greeted by different well-known people’s wax figures.
Singapore also has an amazing aquarium and aquatics gallery where they showcase different types of marine animals.
#4 the shopping
Singapore is one of the most international cities in the world so all the branded shops that we have were there, so in terms of shopping, we didn’t do much until we found out about china town. If you visit Singapore you need to visit China town.
#5 The scenery and the landscape
Singapore is full of greenery and beautiful architectures including merlion which is a national personification for Singapore; it is a well-known icon of Singapore depicted as a mythical creature with a lion’s head and the body of a fish. Another icon is the marina bay sands resort which is the three buildings with a plane on top, this resort is known for having an infinity pool on the last floor.
#6 The food
The culinary adventure I had was exceptional, you really can get your taste buds to tangle in Singapore, as it is a trend in the city to see two chefs collaborate on a meal, which only leads to wild results. You can have a taste of different parts of the world in Singapore, for example, in China town you can have Chinese and Korean restaurants serving authentic food that is hard to resist.
The people there were really friendly and nice, you can easily communicate with them as they all speak English. Transportation mediums are available for example we used the metro or our legs for most of the trip which was not costly at all, however, we had to use taxis twice to go to Sentosa island and in terms of coming back to the city, there were shuttles to take us back.
- If you are planning on visiting Singapore and you’re into adventures and entertainment only I recommend you stay on Sentosa Island as all of the entertainment sites like the adventure park, universal studios, and art galleries are located there.
- Although the people are nice, there are rules that need to be followed by the city, for instance, you are not allowed to chew gum! so do read the rules before going there or ask your hotel receptionist or tour guide to give you some brief explanation about them.
- In China town, there are shops that will ask for a certain price for an ornament DO NOT settle for the first shop, you find what you are looking for in, as the price in the neighboring shop may be lower!
- If you will be staying in the city I recommend you stay in a hotel on orchard road or around it as this was where we stayed and it was close to everything from China town to Clark Quay (an area full of restaurants that overlook marina bay and the skyline of Singapore) to 7/11 in case you need something in the middle of the night. We stayed in Chancellor Orchard Hotel.
- It rains almost every day all over the year in Singapore so buy a raincoat or a rain poncho to keep you dry. My poncho
Overall this trip was memorable!
Until next time, crave the dish…