Two easy recipes that are full of different flavors!
I love both of these recipes so much they are perfect for this season, literally autumn on a plate. They both could be a healthy, nutritious, flavourful side dish for your Christmas dinner.
- Maple Butternut Squash and Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- Butternut Squash Quinoa Salad
#1 – Maple Butternut Squash and Roasted Brussel Sprouts
- 1 Butternut squash – Cut into chunks
- 1 cup of Brussel sprouts
- 2 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 tablespoon of maple syrup
- 1 tsp of paprika
- 1tsp of coconut powder
- 1tsp of chili powder
- 2 tsp of salt and pepper
- 2 tsp of parmesan cheese
- Optional – Pine nuts
- In a tray, add your chopped squash and Brussel sprouts. Season them with the ingredients above and bake for 30 minutes.
Note: Add the maple syrup after baking.
#2 Butternut squash Quinoa salad
- 1 cup of Quinoa
- 1 cup chopped butternut squash
- 1/2 cup of diced tomatoes (1 tomato)
- 1/4 cup diced green onions
- 2 cups of water – for every cup of quinoa you will need two cups of water
- 2 tsp of paprika
- 2 tsp of crushed garlic (2 cloves)
- 2 tsp of olive oil
- 1 squeezed lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a tray, add the butternut squash with the paprika, crushed garlic, and olive oil. Bake for 30 minutes.
- In a pot add the quinoa and the water and leave to boil on high heat then lower the heat and cook for 20 minutes.
- Add the diced tomato, green onion, squeezed lemon, and roasted butternut squash to quinoa and mix.
Until next time, crave the dish…