A creamy cheese, spinach, and mushroom filled pasta!
- For the fillings-
- 1 cup of Ricotta Cheese
- 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese
- 1 cup of fresh spinach (chopped roughly)
- 1/4 cup of basil leaves ( finely chopped)
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- Salt and pepper
2. For the pasta sauce –
- 1/2 cup of Tomato Juice
- 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1 & 1/4 cup of milk
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 tsp of paprika
- salt & pepper to taste
3. For the pasta itself –
- 12 pieces of Cannelloni pasta
- 1 cup of shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Start by making the stuffing. Combine the cheese with the chopped mushroom, basil leaves, and spinach in a bowl and mix well.
- Start by stuffing the cannelloni by using a piping bag. If you don’t have a piping bag you can do it by hand but ensure that you do it gently so that the pasta doesn’t break.
- preheat the oven to 400*F ( 200c).
In a pot start preparing the sauce:
- Melt the butter and add the flour to it and mix well, until the flour turns yellowish add the milk and continuously stir till you reach a boil.
- Once the mixture starts boiling add your paprika, salt, and pepper. Stir occasionally.
- Once the mixture has boiled for 5 minutes (got thick) add your tomato juice.
- set the sauce aside to cool for 2 minutes.
Assembling the Pasta Tray:
- wipe a little piece of butter in the tray covering all sides. then add a layer of your pasta sauce.
- Place the stuffed cannelloni in an ordered matter in the tray as shown below.
- Add a layer of pasta sauce and then another layer of cannelloni.
- Then add a layer of sauce and finally the mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes ( or until the cheese turns redish).