This is a perfect tray of goodness, suitable for parties or gatherings!
As I prefer to make things from scratch I will show you how to make tortilla chips, salsa, and Sour Cream. Nevertheless, feel free to buy them if you are tight on time or prefer ready stuff.
- Tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup of canola oil
- 12 Circular tortillas which are cut int 8 Triangles each
- A pinch of salt
- You can either fry or bake the tortillas, I chose to bake them.
- Simply place the tortilla chips on a tray and brush with oil.
- Bake at 350*F for 6-9 minutes ( until they turn to a goldish color)
- 2 Diced tomatoes
- 1 diced onion
- 1 cup of Tomato Juice
- 5 tsp of Sriracha sauce
- In a pan add the diced onions and a tsp of olive oil and caramelize the onions.
- Add the tomatoes to the onions and stir for 2 minutes, then add the tomato juice and sriracha sauce. Bring to boil.
- Remove from the stove and leave it to cool
Note: You can add more or less sriracha sauce depending on your tolerance to spicy food.
3. Sour cream
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 1/4 of a cup of milk
- 3/4 tsp of lemon or white vinegar
- In a closed container add the milk and lemon ( or vinegar) and shake it then leave them on the side for 10 minutes.
- pour the heavy cream into the container and mix well with the milk mixture.
- refrigerate for 24 hours prior to using.
- Tortilla chips
- 3 cups of Four kinds of cheese – Cheddar, Mozzarella, Parmesan and Monte Veronese ( all are shredded)
- 2 cups of salsa
- 1 cup of Jalapenos
- 1/2 cup of Pickles
- 1 ripened avocado – mashed
- 1 diced tomato
- 1 diced green pepper
- 1 cup of shredded cabbage
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 Tablespoon of flour
- 2 tablespoons of melted butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- paprika to taste
- First, we will create a cheese sauce, so in a pot add the melted butter and the flour and mix well until the flour is golden in color.
- Add the milk to the pot and mix continuously until it comes to a boil then add the salt and pepper as well as the paprika.
- leave to boil for 5 minutes( the sauce gets thick), add 1 cup out of three of the four cheese mix.
- In a tray place your tortilla chips and add the mashed avocado, the tomatoes, the onion, the pepper and the shredded cabbage. ensure all the tortillas are covered.
- Pour the salsa in an even manner and then cover with the 2 cups of four cheese mix.
- Add the jalapenos and the pickles and then add the cheese sauce made.
It doesn’t matter how you layer your ingredients but leave the cheese sauce until the end as it is warm and leads the nachos to get soggy after a while if they are right under.