Spice up your next Halloween party with some Jalapeno Poppers.
A true pop of firey cheese in your mouth!
- 20-30 jalapeño peppers, sliced in half lengthwise with seeds removed.
- 2-3 cups of cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups of jack cheese, shredded
- 2 refrigerated packages of puff pastry. (You can use any brand)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Preheat the oven to about 400 F.
- In a small bowl, mix the cream cheese, jack cheese, and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut the puff pastry into thin rectangles. Try to make them the same length.
- Fill each jalapeno half with the cheese mixture.
- Wrap each jalapeno half with the dough, as shown below. Polish the covered Jalapeno with the egg mixture and place in the oven.
6. Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
8. Remove from the oven and serve immediately!
Shoutout to the creative people out there…
If you are feeling like you want to add more flavor to the jalapeno poppers try wrapping them with bacon – an amazing substitute for pastry and the taste is terrific!
If you are more on the spooky side try out the mummy look alike jalapeno poppers by adding edible candy eyes or black olives to your Jalapeno after baking it.
Looking forward to hearing your feedback on this recipe!