An easy dinner that is loved by everybody including myself.
Mac & Cheese
This recipe takes a traditional mac & cheese and adds elements that are sure to hit your taste buds in the right way!
- 4 cups dried macaroni
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 4 cups of shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 2 cups of Parmesan Cheese
- 1 cup of shredded elementary cheese
- 1/4 cup of Breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 3 Tsp of Paprika
- 1 tsp of Cayenne Chili Pepper
- 2 tsp of Dijon Mustard (optional)
- 1 tsp of Garlic powder
- 1 tsp of Onion powder
- 1 Tsp of sriracha sauce (optional)
Additions: Those are optional they take your mac & cheese from basic to extra!
- Spinach and Broccoli
- 1 cup of chopped Broccoli
- 1/2 cup of spinach
- Eggplant, minced meat, and tomatoes
- 1 eggplant
- 100g of minced meat
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 small onion
- 1/2 cup of tomato juice
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook the macaroni in it for about 5 min, till the macaroni is slightly soft.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat; stir in flour, salt, and pepper until smooth, about 5 minutes. Slowly pour milk into butter-flour mixture while continuously stirring until mixture is smooth.
- After 5 minutes of boiling the milk mixture, add Cheddar cheese and elementary cheese to milk mixture and stir until cheese is melted 2 to 4 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add the mustard and sriracha sauce.
- In a separate bowl mix the paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne chili pepper powder together. Add the spices to the mixture.
- drop in the macaroni into cheese sauce until coated.
- Add the parmesan cheese and the bread crumbs on the macaroni and mix.
Spinach and Broccoli –
- Cut broccoli into small pieces and chop a handful of spinach.
- Steam the broccoli to make it more tender but ensure it doesn’t get soggy.
- Add a sprinkle of black pepper onto the broccoli.
- Pour a bowl of mac&cheese and add the broccoli and mix well.
- Add the raw, chopped spinach on top and you’re ready to dig in.
Eggplant and tomatoes –
- Peel the eggplant and cut it in circular pieces.
- Soak the eggplant in water and a sprinkle of salt for an hour or two
- Chop the tomato and onion into tiny pieces
- In a pan drizzled with oil, add the onions and fry them till they caramelize.
- Add the minced meat to the onion and add a tsp of cinnamon and a tsp of salt and pepper.
- after the minced meat turns brown add the chopped tomatoes. Add 1/2 a cup of tomato juice and let them boil together for 10 minutes.
- In a baking tray add the eggplant pieces and put them in to bake at 250*F for about 20 minutes ( till they turn brownish and are soft).
- Cut the baked eggplants into small pieces and add them to the minced meat mixture.
- Mix them well and add them to the mac & cheese mixture.