An easy recipe that anyone could follow. This is not made for a specific time of the day, as you can eat it at any time of the day.
For the Dough
DRY ingredients –
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour.
- 1 tablespoon of yeast
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon zaatar
- 4 tsp of oregano
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 1&1/2 tsp salt
Wet Ingredients –
- 1/4 cup of yogurt
- 1 cup of warm water
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
For the filling:
- 1 cup of white cheese ( any cheese would do depending on your preference )
- 2 tsp of dry mint
- 1/2 cup of black olives
- Heat the oven to 190*C
- Mix all the dry ingredients well together in a bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients and whisk them on a low beat for 5 minutes
- Leave the dough to ferment and double in size, 1 hour would be enough, at room temperature.
- While the dough ferments mix the filling ingredients.
- Cover a tray with olive oil and start making small balls.
- spread the small balls slightly then add a small spoon of filling and close the ball.
- I like to brush the balls with an egg yolk mixed with 1 spoon of milk, for a goldish color.
- Insert the cheese and olive balls into the oven and leave till the color turns goldish brown ( 15-20 minutes).